Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Metal tiles should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. Any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.
- For the adhesive you can use any type of mastic.
- This tile does not require grout. You would have to water down the thin-set a little bit and the excess thin-set will act as the grout line.
- Apply thin-set using a trowel as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
The recommended cutting method is to use a miter saw with non ferrous blade. Please note to cut material - take one sheet at a time and cut slowly.
Due to the transparent nature of most of our tile please consider choices carefully. Tiles are handmade so variations in color and texture are to be expected. All tiles should be inspected before installation, as no adjustment will be made after installation.
- Abrasive cleaners should not be used.
- Use Formula Inox for stainless steel.
- You can also use microfiber cleaning cloths. Fibers in this type of cloth are thinner as compared to other cloths. This material resist scratching of surfaces.
- You can also use glass cleaner such as Windex from time to time remove fingerprints. Spray glass cleaner on the tile and wipe down. Rinse the tiles and then towel dry.