Tile must be installed over a suitable substrate to insure a proper installation. Metal tiles should be installed over a clean, sound, and flat surface, free of contaminates including curing compounds. Substrate should be free of cracks. Any inconsistencies in the substrate will result in a poor installation.
- To avoid affecting the color of the tile, White modified thin-set is recommended for all installations.
- Apply as much adhesive as can be covered within 10-15 minutes.
- Grout joint should be a minimum of 1/16” and not butt set.
- The trowel size you can use is a 9" Trowel - 1/16" square notch.
The recommended cutting method is to use a wet saw with a diamond blade that is specifically for cutting glass. Edges can be sanded smooth after cutting.
Due to the transparent nature of most of our tile please consider choices carefully. Tiles are handmade so variations in color and texture are to be expected. All tiles should be inspected before installation, as no adjustment will be made after installation.
- Abrasive cleaners should not be used.
- Use Filavia Bango for cleaning the glass tiles.
- Because this tile has stainless steel, it is recommended to use Fila Formula Inox for deep down cleaner.
- You can also use microfiber cleaning cloths. Fibers in this type of cloth are thinner as compared to other cloths. This material resist scratching of surfaces.
- You can also use glass cleaner such as Windex from time to time remove fingerprints. Spray glass cleaner on the tile and wipe down. Rinse the tiles and then towel dry.